Monday, March 17, 2014

Day 18 Don't Stop Me Now


There really is something to completing a habit for 30 days. It really does rewrite something in your brain. I see this clearly in my writing. I wrote for over 30+ days and I really enjoy writing. There are some days when I can be very tired and I do not write. On those days I feel like something is missing, like my day was incomplete. It is really interesting how this happens. I am reading a book right now that is called One Small Step Can Change Your Life: The Kaizen Way by: Robert Maurer and it really good. 



It is about understanding our fears that arise when we are presented with change. He talks about how making a huge change can kick in our fight or flight response. He then goes on to say that Small Changes bypass the fear mechanism, but the change will still occur. It really can help if you want to change something but fall into the cycle of Change-> backing out-> Regret-> No Change. Consider changing something small and it will have a bigger impact in the long run than doing a complete 180 degrees immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment