Thursday, February 27, 2014

Day 29 Prioritize Your Day

  I hope he can Speed Read.

For the last two days I have been making lists and checking them off. Every time something new comes up I ask the question, "Is this a priority?" What I started to realize is that every new thing suddenly became a priority and everything else suddenly became not important. That is not the best way to think. I am not sure if I have been trained to think that every new issue that arises is a priority or maybe I have so many other people do this I just assumed that is the way it is supposed to be. Regardless. When I write a list down I can still see all my tasks and rank them according to importance and time consumption. Some items can be just a phone call at anytime or some have to be a face to face conversation. To reflect on what is in front of you and say this has to be done first in order for other things to happen is essential. I see this with things in my job and with wedding planning. My life tends to go smoother when I have a goal and a list of things that need to be done. It is very simple too. 

The funny thing is that I was NEVER like this. I usually would have just went with the flow and not in a good way. I used just let whatever happened just happen to me. I thought that I was being in tune with everything. That just meant that I had no purpose but I would tell myself is that I am just enjoying life. What is funny is that I am enjoying life more now than before. It feels really good to get your stuff together and say what is the next thing I need to do. 

I guess I would rather feel like:


Than like this:


So I have to ask everyday: which would I rather be like?

No comments:

Post a Comment