Sunday, February 23, 2014

Day 26- That is Just Not Me

One of the biggest impediments for change is that we believe we cannot change. We like to tell ourselves, "this is just who I am ." I have been thinking about this because I never thought I would be able to do a project like I did yesterday. I would have told myself that I am not that organized and that is just not me. And then I funny thought came into my mind.




Poop.

That is right poop. I was thinking about what it would have been like for me to hear for the first time that I had to use the toilet. Someone at one point told be I need to poop in a toilet. My initial reaction probably would have been, "No. I'm good. I poo in this diaper and that's who I am. I have no reason to change. I'm good, really."







I would have resisted and probably thought, you can't expect me to do that. I can't do that. And sure enough I did. I was someone who pooped in a diaper before and now I am someone who does not. I changed and have become different and better. It was a process but most importantly I needed to change how I thought about myself. Now people helped like my mommy and daddy but after a while mommy and daddy won't be there to wipe your butt anymore. I have to make a decision everyday to grow and change and transform my life and how I see myself. What helped me to changed is that I need to see who I want to become in order to change the way I currently am. I guess I really need to learn is how to DEPEND on myself!


Good night Everyone! I'll be here all night! Tip your waitress!

I will leave you with the same words my mother told me when she got sick of changing me:

GO CHANGE YOURSELF!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading these. Youre an inspiration and my day isn't complete until I read one of your posts. thank you for sharing. :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I love writing and it is awesome to know that my words can help someone! Let me know If I can help in your growth in any way!

    ReplyDelete