Monday, February 24, 2014

Day 27: Life, The Great Grindstone


I just finished reading The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod and it was excellent! I highly recommend that book to anyone who has always wanted to make a change but might not be sure how to begin. This book will take you from where you are, walk you through a process and give you some tools to make a change for yourself. At the end of his book I felt really excited about my life. I remember having this feeling only one other time after reading a very good book. It was this one:



Now I know it is subtitled, A Black Choice, but this book is for everyone. His main focus is to encourage Black people to make positive changes in their life by using famous successful Black people as role models. He talks about how Oprah grew up in horrible poverty, how Fredrick Douglas was so gifted in speaking he toured Europe as he was buying his freedom, how George Washington Carver was a brilliant scientist and so much more. This book is a great buy! 

If you have 10 minutes and want to great inspiration here is a video of Dennis Kimbro speaking:


He's got a really funny story at 4:15.

Don't worry I will be writing about The Miracle Morning for the next month or so! So I will be getting back to you about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment