Sunday, September 15, 2013

Try Something Newñez!


Date: Sunday, September 8th, 2013

New thing to try: A Beer Tasting Boat Ride

Time: From Boarding to Finish 11:45AM to 2:00PM

Score: 5 out of 5

So this part of my blog will be bi-weekly (depending on my funds), where I will try something I have never done before, and encourage others to do the same as well.

It is called Try Something Newñez.

I have been receiving discount offers from Amazon Local, and one of them was from Manhattan by Sail. They offered a beer tasting cruise in Lower Manhattan.

I saw that offer and said, "I'd love to go to that." And then I wondered, "What's stopping me?" Usually money is the issue, by why am I making money if not to enjoy something like this.

So I bought two tickets and wished for the best. One friend couldn't make it, so I took my uncle with me and we had a great time. We arrived at 11:30 to pick up the tickets from this booth at the South Street Seaport:


Boarding began at 11:45 and we set sail by 12:05. There was food, and 4 different kinds of beer to sample. Everything was very good,especially the beer made in brandy and wine casks!



What made this for me was the sailboat and the boat ride itself. Not going to lie, I wanted to climb up top on the mast and speak in a pirate voice.


The view was incredible. Much better than the Staten Island Ferry! The boat ride went from South Street Seaport to the Statue of Liberty and back. The view of Brooklyn, Staten Island, New Jersey and Lower Manhattan was beautiful.


I highly recommend this for everyone. I didn't notice any children on the boat, but this is only one of the many different kinds of rides Manhattan by Sails offers.

I give this a 5 out of 5 and I don't think that my opinion is biased because it may or may not have been effected by some booze.

I went through a website called www.goldstar.com

I had to reschedule my ride from Saturday to Sunday and they were very quick to respond and help without incurring any charges to me.

I recommend, if you want to try something New, try this!

No comments:

Post a Comment