Saturday, September 14, 2013

Graffiti Manor



Date: Monday, September 9th, 2013 Day 7

Today's Affirmation: "I am surrounded by beauty."

Area to improve: Appreciating Beauty

Specific Change: Enjoy something beautiful.

Enjoy something beautiful for some reason was harder to do than I thought. I already saw a sunset last week and that was awesome. On Sunday I sailed from South Street Seaport to the Statue of Liberty. The weather was beautiful, the view of NYC and Jersey was beautiful and then went to the beach and a beautiful church after all that. So trying to top it was going to be difficult AND I was up for the challenge.

So like Winnie the Pooh, I thought and thought and thought and inspiration struck! Something beautiful that I would not normally go to is 5 Pointz in Queens!



What is 5 Pointz you ask? http://5ptz.com/

It is an art studio for graffiti artists and the whole building is their canvas. So since the G train got delayed (I don't think any kind of positive thinking could create a better reality for that train!) the pictures are right after Sunset.

Sadly, the place will be torn down by the end of the year. I suggest you see it and support our artists who may not be hanging in a museum just yet. What these artists do is very incredible.

Take a moment and be inspired.












No comments:

Post a Comment